If you’re missing one or more teeth, you may be aware of their importance to your appearance and dental health. Your teeth work together for many daily functions from eating to speaking. With missing teeth, it’s difficult to do these things. Missing teeth can and should be replaced. Fixed bridges are a great way to restore your dental health and appearance.
A long-lasting solution to replacing lost teeth, dental bridges from “Smyle Kraft” is an excellent restorative dental option. Dental bridges are false teeth fused with two porcelain crowns that are placed on each side of the empty space. Unlike traditional dentures, bridges are permanent and cannot be removed.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
• First, you are given a local anesthetic to eliminate any pain. The teeth on either side of the missing space are then decreased in mass to prepare for crown fitting.
• An impression of your teeth is administered, so that your dental bridge can be accurately molded to fit perfectly.
• You are fitted with a temporary bridge to protect your gums and teeth while the permanent one is being crafted.
• In your next appointment, the temporary bridge is removed and your permanent bridge is applied. Once it’s correctly fitted, it is permanently cemented in place.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
• Offer a natural, healthy appearance
• Can be applied in only two office visits
• Are more permanent and secure than traditional dentures, with no sliding or moving
• Help regain natural speaking and chewing ability
• Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
• Colored to perfectly match the shade of your other teeth
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth, worry no more. We at “Smyle Kraft” can help you regain your lost smile today! Call us at 08744807737 / 08744807747 to see if you’re a candidate for dental bridges.
Why do I need a bridge?
Oral functionality and appearance are important reasons for wearing a bridge. A bridge helps support your lips and cheeks. The loss of a back tooth may cause your mouth to sink and your face to look older.
Dental health is the most important reason for a bridge. Teeth were designed to complement each other. Unusual stresses are placed on the gums and other oral tissues when teeth are missing, causing a number of potentially harmful disorders.
Increased risk of gum disease has proven to be one of the worst side effects of missing teeth and can be minimized with a bridge.
Missing teeth can cause speech disorders as they are used to make many of the sounds we use to speak clearly.
How do I take care of my bridge?
A strict regimen of brushing and flossing will keep the bridge and surrounding teeth clean. This is of critical importance as the bridge relies on the neighboring teeth for support.